KX Guru & Tom Morgan Racing is building a Jeff Ward replica KX250 for MXA

Bike Builds and rebuilds. Post pics and discuss your projects.
Sandblaster

KX Guru & Tom Morgan Racing is building a Jeff Ward replica KX250 for MXA

Post by Sandblaster » Sat May 12, 2018 8:27 pm

That's right, you know who Tom Morgan is?
Tom Morgan. If you’re still racing amateur classes, your knowledge of Tom Morgan might be limited only to his recent work with up-and-coming amateurs, but his career is a whole lot deeper than that. Over the years it has spanned involvement with the Factory Kawasaki team and seven AMA National Championships, as well as five prestigious Gold Wrench awards from the AMA.

You know who Jeff Ward is?
Jeff Ward (born 22 June 1961) is a British-American former professional motocross racer, auto racing driver and off-road racer.[1] He won the AMA Motocross Championship five times and the AMA Supercross Championship twice and the Motocross des Nations seven times.[1] After retiring from motorcycle competition, Ward turned to auto racing, finishing in second place at the Indianapolis 500 and winning a race at the Texas Motor Speedway. He then competed in off-road truck racing and is currently[when?] competing in rallycross racing. Ward was inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 1999 and, was inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America on 12 August 2006.

You know who KX Guru Racing is.
Oscar Cota, Jason Tanner, Alex Ward, David Olson, Adam Millar, and yours truly Mike Weir.

Motocross Action Magazine cool

Oscar had the hair brained idea to build a Jeff Ward tribute bike.
The idea is not to build a replica but to build the bike Jeff would ride now if given the opportunity.
So who better to team up with the Tom Morgan who had a hand in Jeff's original 250's..

This is going to be awesome!!!!!
I can't wait...

Here is the baby..

Be prepared MXA... this thing I guarantee will blow your socks off...
If bikes are for kids I'll never grow up.

Return to “Bike Builds and rebuilds”