Hi, my name is Christopher.

Who are you? Tell us something about yourself.
Christopher

Hi, my name is Christopher.

Post by Christopher » Wed May 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi all, my name is Christopher. I am new to motorcycles, I'm a bit of an open book and tend to share things about my personal life openly. I've always wanted a dirtbike/motorcycle but was a bit to afraid to purchase one. My Father was injured in a car accident early on in my life and suffered a serious head injury, this kept me at bay from buying something that might put me on the same path. In any case I've gone against my mother's opinion and purchased a bike. :) Just who I am really.

Anyways, I just purchased a 2002 KX500, per the owner the bike sat on the showroom floor until 2003-2004 when he purchased it. Then after that it sat in his garage, he says that the bike has under 200 hours on it; which, if I believe him the original dirt tires indicate as they have almost no tread removed. I purchased this bike because I want to make it a supermoto and he had already began the process by adding new wheels and tires and a number of electrical accessories - stator, headlight, front turn signals, brake light, and speedometer.

There are a number of things that need attention just based on the sheer age if the bike. I plan to address these in other threads.

Yes, I am aware, a KX500 is not necessarily the best beginner bike, so I'm open to selling it after I give it some TLC. But I don't want to run away from it just yet.

Btw, what's the max filesize for photos?

Sandblaster

Re: Hi, my name is Christopher.

Post by Sandblaster » Wed May 04, 2016 6:50 pm

Welcome Christopher.
Looking forward to your thread and we will help all we can..
A KX500 isn't necessarily a bad first bike contrary to what many people may think.
Becasue they have a lot of torque you can ride them easier.
Just be sure to wear good gear and ride with a level head.
Throttle control is real important :-)
I'm not sure what the maximum size is for pics.
I usually edit my pics to about 500k to 1 meg and that seems to work good.
If it becomes a issue, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
If bikes are for kids I'll never grow up.

Return to “Who are you? Give us an introduction.”