Hi, brief intro thing here.

Who are you? Tell us something about yourself.
demographic

Hi, brief intro thing here.

Post by demographic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi, few familiar names here and some less so.
I've been a member of the KX riders forum since it was started and Pitbull racing KX 500 forums before that.
I've had a KX 500 since about 2001, in supermoto trim and road legal in England (well near enough, its currently languishing in the shed) and I have another stored at a mates house.
Both of them are 1990 models.

During that time almost anytime I see something interesting about KX 500s I have been copying that photo to my computer cos forums and websites being as they are it might not be there tomorrow. Consequently I have a fair old collection of photos of other peoples bikes and fancy parts and I assume I might be able to input some of them onto this site.
Also there's a few oddball races in the UK where some weird and wonderfull bikes/quads/sidecars turn up and obviously I have been taking pics of them over the years also.
Things like this for instance. I've seen this bike at several hillclimb sprint (on a road surface) events over the years and the owner has told me its dave Thorpes old SR500 bike.
I'll have a look around and post things as I see where the info/photos might fit.
This site looks to me absolutely jam packed with accurate measurements and photos so I'm already loving it.
These are two of mine.
Regards Scott.

Sandblaster

Re: Hi, brief intro thing here.

Post by Sandblaster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Hey Scott.
Welcome to the forum!
Post all you want, I love "Other bikes" not just those of the green persuasion :D
Any info, pics, measurements, ect are all appreciated.
KXriders actually gave me the inspiration to start this site.
There are a lot of good guys there and I have done my best to add to their site as well as mine.
We are small with a little less then 100 members but we are a good lot to get in with and are growing all the time.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask...
Thanks!
Mike... er... ahhh... Sandblaster :lol:
If bikes are for kids I'll never grow up.

Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:40 pm

PS.... Those are two very sweet machines... I'd be happy to have them in my collection :D

Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:41 pm

And, what is that reservoir for attached to your swing arm?

demographic

Post by demographic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Sandblaster wrote:And, what is that reservoir for attached to your swing arm?
Oh, the top KX photo isn't my bike, its the SR500 that Dave Thorpe used to own, I just saw it at Barbon Hillclimb and as I hoover up any pictures I can I took a few. From memory it had sandcast magnesium casings. I didn't get any photos of the cylinderhead though, if I'd known there was a different arrangement for cooling them I would have got pictures.
I asked the owner about that catch tank and the reason its there is so the coolant and carb drains don't overflow and release their contents onto a good grippy track.

The 89 GSXR 750 and 1990 KX500 supermoto are both mine.

Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Ah, why not, that's actually a good idea...
My supermoto is down for some updates... rads, new water temp sensor, and a few other goodies :D
When you have time I'd like to see more pics of your KX if that's possible :D

Return to “Who are you? Give us an introduction.”