Don't shoot tree's in Oregon!!! Feb 2014

Random fun stuff, RC, Guns, Automotive, Computers, Smart Phones, Games, You know, Fun Stuff!
Sandblaster

Don't shoot tree's in Oregon!!! Feb 2014

Post by Sandblaster » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:03 pm

My Dad, Son, and I, went out on a beautiful Saturday to do a little target shooting like millions of others...
We went to our favorite area, set up our table, and collected a bunch of previously shot cans, shot gun shells, ect, and set them up on a root wad as targets.
I had brought several paper targets but had not set any of them up.
We shot for about an hour when my son tapped me on the shoulder and pointed up toward our truck.
I looked up and saw two Officers looking at us.
I pulled my ear protection off, set my rifle down, and yelled up to them to come on down.
They seemed really nervous... I guess guys with guns make law enforcement officials nervous.
My Son and Dad also set their guns on the table... No sense making someone nervous when it's not necessary.
I walked up towards the officers with my hands in plain site.
As they approached I asked "What's up?"
The lead Officer asked me what I was shooting.
I told him that we were shooting cans, shot gun shells, ect.
Then he asked me if we had targets hung up on trees.
I said, "No. We are shooting at a old root wad. Why, what's going on?"
Then the Officer informed me that it is now a $500 fine for putting a target on a tree and shooting at it.
Once the Officer saw that I was telling the truth, we exchanged a few more pleasantries and they left.
I have to admit that in the past I had set up targets on trees and shot at them.
At the time it wasn't against the law but still it wasn't the best idea.
After all, if you shoot at a tree with enough fire power for long enough you will kill it.
I never killed any trees that I am aware of but it's time for all of us target shooters to beware.
Shooting up trees will get you a fat fine in Oregon and none of us need that.

Shooting trees in Oregon is illegal.
If bikes are for kids I'll never grow up.

Return to “Other fun stuff”